Nicholas Zbrzeznj was born and raised in Erie, Pennsylvania. He attended the Pennsylvania State University, Behrend, where he graduated with honors. Nick attended Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida. He maintained a class rank of two through all six semesters during law school. He was a Staff Editor for the Florida Coastal Law Review, obtained a Sports Law Certificate and Pro Bono Honors Award, was a research assistant, and clerked for a civil litigation firm. Upon graduation, Nick took the Florida Bar. Based on Nick’s high score on the Florida Bar Exam, he was selected by the Florida Supreme Court to speak at the fall 2012 Induction Ceremony.
Nick began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney at the State Attorney’s Office for the Tenth Judicial Circuit (in Bartow), where he had the honor to serve under then State Attorney Jerry Hill. As a prosecutor, Nick was quickly assigned to the Special Projects Division, where he honed his litigation and trial skills and his ability to master difficult factual and legal issues while handling a heavy caseload. Nick took great pride in serving his community through his work as a prosecutor. He is grateful for the opportunity he had to develop into an experienced trial attorney.
Before joining the Southern Atlantic Law Group, Nick worked for over five years at a civil litigation firm in Bartow, Florida. During this time, Nick’s entire practice was devoted to civil litigation and appellate practice, focusing on catastrophic personal injury, business disputes, and marital and family law. Nick ensures he serves the best interest of his clients by providing honest, practical, and knowledgeable counsel in their cases.
Nick has served as the Treasurer for the Polk County Trial Lawyers Association in 2022 and 2023 on the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors since 2016 (representative for the Tenth Circuit) and on the Board of the Tenth Circuit Young Lawyers Section from 2014 to 2020. He has been a member of the Kiwanis Club of Bartow since 2015, served on the Board of Directors (2016 to present), and was the President in 2019-2020. Nick was appointed by Governor Ron DeSantis to the Tenth Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission in 2020, and Nick was reappointed in 2022 for a term expiring in 2026. Nick also served on the Board of Directors of Bartow High School’s Academy of Legal Studies from 2014 to 2018.
Nick lives with his wife, Lydia, and their children in Polk County. He and his family attend Heartland Church in Winter Haven, Florida, and Good News Church in St. Augustine, Florida.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Appellate Law
- Business Litigation
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate / General Counsel
- Hurricane Damage
- Insurance Claims
- Marital and Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Selected to speak at the fall 2012 Florida Supreme Court Induction Ceremony based on performance on the July 2012 bar exam
- Graduated law school with a class rank of #2
- Dean’s Scholar all six semesters of law school
- Sport’s Law Certificate Recipient
- Pro Bono Honors Award
- Staff Editor Florida Coastal Law Review, August 2010 – May 2012
- Book Awards in Amateur Sports Law, Comprehensive Law Practice III, Contracts I, Contracts II, Evidence, Entertainment Law, Lawyering Process II (research and writing), Media Law, Professional Sports Law, Property II, Torts II, and Trusts & Estates
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors 2016 – Present
- Recognized by Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star in 2021, 2022, and 2023
- National Trial Lawyers top 40 under 40, 2020, 2021, and 2022
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Penn. State University, Erie
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude