Katie is a native Floridian, growing up in Lithia, Florida. Katie was a 4-year member of her high school Speech and Debate team, competing at a national level and serving as President during her junior and senior year. She then attended the University of South Florida, graduating in only two-and-a-half years, magna cum laude with her B.A. in Political Science.
Katie went on to attend law school at the prestigious University of Florida Levin College of Law. During law school she was a UF Law Ambassador and part of the Student Recruitment Team. She was also a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team (specifically an arbitration competitor and coach) and served as Treasurer for the Family Law Society and Association for Public Interest Law.
Prior to joining Southern Atlantic Law Group, Katie worked for just under three years as an Assistant State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit. During that time, she worked in a specialized prosecution division for domestic violence, first in misdemeanor and later at the felony level. The quality of Katie’s work was quickly recognized by her holding the position of Lead Trial Attorney in her division and being selected to train a team of assistant state attorneys on how to prosecute domestic violence cases. Katie’s experience serving as an advocate for domestic violence survivors provides her with the important skillset of effective advocacy, even when the issues and/or facts are difficult ones.
Katie lives in Lakeland. Besides spending time with her fiancé, her favorite pastimes are reading (she describes herself as a bookworm) and cheering on her favorite sports teams (she is a fan of the Gators, Lightning, and Rays, but her primary allegiance since childhood has been to the Vikings).
- Appellate Law
- Business Litigation
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate / General Counsel
- Hurricane Damage
- Insurance Claims
- Personal Injury
- Book Award for the GatorTeam Child Juvenile Law Clinic
- Recognition of Extraordinary Service for UF Law’s Pro Bono Program
- UF Law Ambassador
- UF Law Student Recruitment Team.
- Member of the UF Law Alternative Dispute Resolution Team (specifically an arbitration competitor and coach),
- Treasurer for the Family Law Society and Association for Public Interest Law at UF Law
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2023
- Polk Association for Women Lawyer, 2023
- Polk County Trial Lawyers Association, 2023
- Willson American Inn of Court, Associate (2023-Present)
- University of South Florida, B.A., magna cum laude
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.