Nicholas Zbrzeznj was born and raised in Erie Pennsylvania. He attended the Pennsylvania State University, Behrend, where he graduated with honors. Nick went on to attend Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, Florida. During law school, he maintained a class rank of number 2 through all six semesters, was a Staff Editor on the Florida Coastal Law Review, obtained a Sports Law Certificate and Pro Bono Honors Award, served as a research assistant, and clerked for a civil litigation firm. Upon graduation, Nick took the Florida Bar. Based on Nick’s high score on the Florida Bar Exam, he was selected by the Florida Supreme Court to speak at the fall 2012 Induction Ceremony.
Nick began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney at the State Attorney’s Office for the Tenth Judicial Circuit (in Bartow), where he had the honor to serve under then State Attorney, Jerry Hill. As a prosecutor, Nick was quickly assigned to the Special Projects Division, where he honed not only his litigation and trial skills but also his ability to master difficult factual and legal issues while handling a heavy caseload. Nick took great pride in the service he provided to his community through his work as a prosecutor and is grateful for the opportunity he had to develop into an experienced trial attorney.
Prior to joining the Southern Atlantic Law Group, Nick worked at a civil litigation firm in Bartow, Florida, for over five years. During this time, Nick’s entire practice was devoted to civil litigation and appellate practice with a focus in catastrophic personal injury, business disputes, and marital and family law. Nick ensures he serves the best interest of his clients through providing honest, practical, and knowledgeable counsel in their cases.
Nick has served on the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors since 2016 (representative for the Tenth Circuit) and served on the Board of the Tenth Circuit Young Lawyers Section from 2014 to 2020. He has been a member of the Kiwanis Club of Bartow since 2015, served on the Board of Directors (2016 to present), and is the current President (2019-2020). Nick also served on the Board of Directors of Bartow High School’s Academy of Legal Studies from 2014 to 2018.
Nick lives in Polk County with his wife, Lydia, and their children. He and his family attend Heartland Church in Winter Haven, Florida, and Good News Church in St. Augustine, Florida.
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Appellate Law
- Business Litigation
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate / General Counsel
- Hurricane Damage
- Insurance Claims
- Marital and Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Penn. State University, Erie
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Selected to speak at the fall 2012 Florida Supreme Court Induction Ceremony based on performance on the July 2012 bar exam
- Graduated law school with a class rank of #2
- Dean’s Scholar all 6 semesters of law school
- Sport’s Law Certificate Recipient
- Pro Bono Honors Award
- Staff Editor Florida Coastal Law Review, August 2010 – May 2012
- Book Awards in Amateur Sports Law, Comprehensive Law Practice III, Contracts I, Contracts II, Evidence, Entertainment Law, Lawyering Process II (research and writing), Media Law, Professional Sports Law, Property II, Torts II, and Trusts & Estates
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors 2016 – Present